Stacey Solomon has capped off an eventful 2010, in which she captivated millions in the ITV ‘Celebrity Jungle’ on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here, eventually winning the show, by claiming the YouGov award for Reality TV Star of the Year. Strictly Come Dancing favourite Ann Widdecombe finished in second place (18%) narrowly ahead of X Factor victor Matt Cardle (17%) and fellow I’m A Celebrity… star Shaun Ryder (14%).
- Stacey Solomon claimed almost a third of the vote (30%)
- Matt Cardle has a particularly strong female following (21% women vs. 14% of men chose him as their favourite star)
- The Apprentice contestant Stuart Baggs, whose outrageously confident statements earned him a love/hate following on the show, came in fifth place on 7%.
The results show up some interesting age differences, with Ann Widdecombe and Shaun Ryder benefiting from different generations.
- Ryder scores best with those 18 to 39, with an average taking of 20%
- Ann Widdecombe, on the other hand, foxtrots away with 36% of the votes of those in their 60s and over, compared to Stacey who came second among this age group with 30%.