How will Manchester rivals fare as League draws to a close? 51% fans say City will lift the trophy
Much has been made of the short time available to newly-appointed England football manager Roy Hodgson before England must face their Euro 2012 opponents, but before fans welcome this summer's international European and Olympic football events, the conclusion to what has been a gripping year of Premiership football is almost upon us.
We asked British football fans to predict what they think will happen as the season concludes over this weekend and next.
With two games apiece remaining in the Premier League, Manchester City and Manchester United are tied on points at the top of the table, separated only by City’s superior goal difference, while City defeated United at home last weekend to make things square in the league.
British football fans believe this was enough to win them the title.
- 51% think Manchester City will win the title (their first top flight title in 44 years)
- 41% back United to regain their title
And looking at The FA cup and Champions League finals…
- 59% reckon Chelsea will beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final on Saturday
- 31% think the Reds will lift their second domestic cup of the season
- Football fans have lower expectations of a Champions League victory for Chelsea however, with only 33% predicting a Blues win
- 59% envisage a Bayern Munich win
Regarding the two Manchester rivals, this Sunday will see City play Newcastle, and United face Swansea, while next Sunday will have City vs QPR, and United up against Sunderland in this season's final fixtures for the two clubs.