Around 1 in 10 Brits (12%) have spoken negatively about their workplace and/or badmouthed a colleague at an office party (10%), our poll of over 1,000 British adults has discovered.
- Of the other widely committed misdemeanours, 13% have engaged in public singing
- 9% have kissed someone and regretted it (while 2% have had sex and regretted it)
- Drink-specific transgressions come next: 9% apiece have fallen over because they were drunk while 9% have been sick (and 3% have been unable to find their own way home)
- 6% have danced inappropriately while the same proportion have insulted a colleague
- Beware the weekday work do: 4% have been unable to make it in to the work the day after the office Christmas party
- While 4% have insulted their boss
- And an unfortunate 2% have passed out.
A more sober 47% said they hadn’t done any of the things on our hitlist. (21% said they had never been to a work Christmas party.)
Well, they do say the more the merrier – although perhaps this poll shows it’s not always wise to take such wisdom so literally.