As the last weekend before Christmas rapidly approaches along with the year’s final available present shopping days, our poll of British parents found that the most popular amount to spend on kids’ presents is between £100 and £199, followed by between £50 and £99.
We also quizzed parents on how many presents they thought was a good number to give a child at Christmastime, and it seems stocking sizes will vary considerably across the country this Christmas Eve:
- 28% thought 4 to 6 presents each was reasonable
- 27% would give between 1 and 3
- 20% felt 7 to 10 presents was fine
- Some kids may need more than one giant sock: 1% of parents thought more than 25 was reasonable
- But spare a thought: 2% picked ‘None’ when asked how many presents were appropriate