Measuring the success of corporate partnerships is of crucial importance to charities. Prostate Cancer UK and Breast Cancer Now utilised YouGov’s CharityIndex and Real Time solutions to analyse the impact of the Life Saving Journeys campaign with easyJet.
In October 2018, Prostate Cancer UK and Breast Cancer Now partnered with easyJet to raise funds for life-saving research. Flyers on UK-bound flights were asked to donate their spare change over a six week period.
Working collaboratively with YouGov, both charities used their CharityIndex subscriptions to demonstrate the campaign’s success.
A RealTime survey was jointly commissioned to identify those who had flown with easyJet around the period when the campaign was live.
CharityIndex data indicated that all three brands saw positive shifts in perception among this audience during this period:
- easyJet’s perception among those who had heard something positive about the brand jumped by +5.6 points with Prostate Cancer UK +6.1 and +5.1 for Breast Cancer Now
- Awareness of easyJet amongst those that have been affected by Cancer saw an increase to 98.4% compared to 95.8% across the rest of the population
The RealTime survey data also showed that:
- Almost two in five (38%) easyJet flyers said they felt more positive about the airline as a result of the partnership
- Of those that saw the campaign 45% donated via an onboard collection
Overall, YouGov solutions were able to correlate a real shift in perceptions of the exposed audiences to highlight the benefit of the easyJet brand partnership campaign with Prostate Cancer UK and Breast Cancer Now. The campaign raised nearly £440,000 and due to its success, will run again this year.
“It was great to work with YouGov on this project, helping us to maximise our current subscriptions and customise our tools to provide the insight we needed.”
- Will Bywater, Corporate Partnerships Manager
Prostate Cancer UK
“YouGov’s solutions proved to be invaluable for us in managing the impact of the campaign. It gave both charities real insight to present back to easyJet on the success of the campaign and the partnership as a whole.”
- Emily King, Corporate Partnerships Officer
Breast Cancer Now
About the brands
Breast Cancer Now is a breast cancer research charity dedicated to funding research into this devastating disease. In April 2019, Breast Cancer Now and Breast Cancer Care united to create one charity for everybody affected by the disease. From research to care, we have people affected by breast cancer at our heart.
Prostate Cancer UK fights to help more men survive prostate cancer and enjoy a better quality of life. They are the country's leading charity for men with prostate cancer and prostate problems.
easyJet is a British low-cost airline headquartered at Luton airport which operates thousands of routes in 30 countries across Europe.
Solution delivered by: YouGov CharityIndex and YouGov RealTime