Mothercare’s creative communication agency mcgarrybowen wanted to track the effectiveness of the brand’s "Body Proud Mums" campaign among parents of young children.
mcgarrybowen launched Mothercare’s "Body Proud Mums" campaign to celebrate the reality of childbirth. The agency wanted to know how the campaign had performed among parents:
“We are looking for any demonstrators of parents re-appraising Mothercare (or seeing it more favourably) and that it is a brand that understands parenting (building trust) based upon our campaign.”
YouGov Recontacts was able to reach 1,000 GB parents (c.400 had children under the age of seven) before the campaign and then follow up with the same audience (but not the same people) two weeks later after the campaign had launched.
Sentiment for Mothercare increased significantly among those who had seen the advert compared with those who hadn’t.
People who saw the ad (and were aware of Mothercare) differed from those who didn’t in the following ways:
Strongly agree that Mothercare
- …is a brand I love (17% vs 6%)
- …is a brand that cares for parents (26% vs 13%)
- …is a brand that understands the issues surrounding parenting (22% vs 12%)
The results found that people who saw the campaign were:
- More likely to be a parent of a child under the age of one
- 64% more likely to be a millennial
- 71% female
- 109% more likely to live in London
- 39% saw the ad via adverts/posts on social media
- 16% saw it via posters (e.g. billboards, on the tube etc.)
“The YouGov Omnibus survey really helped us to understand and quantify how effective our campaign was. To get a live read on how our target audience was reacting and being able to measure how their perceptions of the brand were changing as a result was not only very satisfying but was also crucial for case studies and paper writing.”
- Ali Wynter, Junior Strategist
About the brand
mcgarrybowen is a global creative communications agency. Clients include Mothercare, American Express, and Disney.
Solution delivered by: YouGov Profiles and YouGov RealTime