A sizeable minority of Brits think Christmas is ‘a chore and will be glad when it’s over’, our poll of 2,092 Brits has found. But before you start expecting to see Scrooge behind every door, be heartened by the finding that more than twice as many genuinely believe that December 25th is ‘a day to look forward to and enjoy’.
- 41% said that they feel Christmas is ‘a day to look forward to and enjoy’
- Compared to the 18% who felt that it was ‘a chore’.
- A pragmatic 33% admitted that although it ‘requires a lot of preparation’, it ‘will still be enjoyable’.
Perhaps predictably considering how often Christmas is characterised as ‘for children’, the oldest respondents felt the least enthusiastic.
- 23% of the over 60s calling Christmas ‘a chore’ compared to 8% of their counterparts aged 18 to 24
- While 62% of the 18 to 24s said they ‘look forward’ to Christmas compared to just 32% of the over 60s who felt the same.