Brick-and-mortar sales will amount to 81.6% of the total holiday sales, to reach $935.79 billion.
Holiday retail sales in the US will hit $1.147 trillion in 2021, up 9.0% from 2020, marking the highest YoY increase in over 20 years, according to Insider Intelligence. Apparel and accessories product category sales are projected to increase 16.2% overall and 25.2% online, and will drive holiday sales growth.
Ecommerce holiday sales are predicted to see 14.4% of growth, hitting $211.66 billion. In 2021, it will account for 18.4% of the total US holiday sales, up from 17.6% in 2020.
From Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday, the Cyber Five promotional period is estimated to account for 18.5% of overall online holiday sales. Insider Intelligence’s forecasting director, Cindy Liu, notes, with consumers having more cash, “It’s shaping up to be a record-breaking holiday season.”
[2 minute read]