CoProducer Project Terms & Conditions
- The CoProducer project is fully owned and operated by YouGov plc and YouGov will retain full ownership of the completed movie itself.
- Stage A and Stage B shareholding entitles the holder to a share of YouGov’s Producers Net Profits only and does not represent ownership of CoProducer itself, its projects or affiliates, in any way.
- Stage A shareholders are those panellists who completed their first CoProducer survey before 1st January 2013. Stage Stage A shareholders are entitled to a 55% share of YouGov’s Producer’s Net Profits.
- Stage B shareholders are those panellists who completed their first CoProducer survey after 1st January 2013. Stage B shareholders are entitled to a 35% share of YouGov’s Producer’s Net Profits.
- 10% of YouGov’s Producer’s Net Profits will be retained by YouGov and form a contingency pool for any late claims by Stage A and B shareholders.
- Profits is defined as the YouGov Producer’s Net Profit share, i.e. the share of profits remaining after the payment of all entitled third parties. Profits emerge from monies received via the exploitation of rights relating to the feature film (e.g. theatrical release, DVD release, TV serialisation, other exhibition forms / distribution agreements and associated product rights). This period of exploitation can extend out over a number of years, depending on the nature of the distribution agreements secured and subsequent exercise of the film’s library rights.
- To participate in, and be eligible for a share of profits from, the CoProducer project, every panellist shareholder must join the YouGov panel and complete not less than 50% of YouGov surveys to which they are invited between the date of completing their first CoProducer survey after 1st January 2013 and the final CoProducer survey, which we anticipate sending towards the end of the editing process.
Data Protection and Intellectual Property
- YouGov will not sell or share private information, such as email addresses, with third parties, unless you agree to release this information, or it is required by law to release the information.
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with CoProducer you agree to grant to YouGov, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons).
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that CoProducer can use your contributions, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give CoProducer permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
- CoProducer content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to CoProducer and/or CoProducer, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, CoProducer excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. We endeavour to ensure that all content provided by CoProducer is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of CoProducer for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content.
The CoProducers Honor System
CoProducer retains the right to terminate a share rights without notice or explanation, if it deems that the “CoProducers Honor System” has been breached. An 'honor system' or 'honesty system' is a philosophical way of running a project based on trust, honor, and honesty. The “CoProducers Honor System” comprises three main areas:
- Purpose and spirit of the project
- CoProducer is a collaborative internet-based movie project, which relies on the contribution and cooperation of its panel. Some ideas will necessarily receive more attention and have a greater impact than others, and while CoProducer will try to recognize the most prominent contributors, they WILL NOT be entitled to additional financial reward or share options. The project should not be viewed as a means to substitute or supplement income from other employment, but as a leisure activity.
Rights and responsibilities of shareholders
- All contribution is at the contributor's own risk. Anyone deemed to be acting against the word or spirit of the CoProducer Honor System will have their membership and share option terminated immediately and without notice. There is no right of appeal against CoProducer’s decision. CoProducer expects all CoProducers to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity at all times, and to treat other panelists as they themselves would expect to be treated.
- Being a 'Stage A' or 'Stage B' shareholder in CoProducer entitles you to a share of YouGov’s Producer’s Net Profits, in accordance with the details outlined above. This arrangement is based on the trust of the contributors in one another and in YouGov/CoProducer. This project is about creativity and cooperation, with financial gain used as an additional incentive.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content to contribute to CoProducer.
- By participating in CoProducer you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to CoProducer.
- CoProducer may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued contribution to CoProducer will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the CoProducer website/ completing CoProducer surveys.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes CoProducer’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, CoProducer shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of CoProducer regardless of the form of action.
Q: When will I be paid for contributing to YouGov/CoProducer?
A: Net Profit emerges once the film is in distribution (via any medium) in one or more territories. Subject to the terms of any distribution deal and / or collection agreement, net profit shares will be paid on a royalty basis over 2 years; these payments will be sent out annually.
Q: Am I liable if the project makes a loss?
A: Absolutely not. All the liability has been taken on by the investors in the CoProducer project. There is no possibility that you could lose any money by taking part in the project.
Q: Will it cost me anything to be part of YouGov/CoProducer?
A: No, never. Please also note that YouGov/CoProducer will never email you asking for money.
Q: What if the movie the panel decides upon themes or ideas in conflict with my personal or religious views?
A: YouGov/CoProducer cannot guarantee that you will not take offence at some of the content of the website/survey invitations at any given time. You are free to leave YouGov/CoProducer at any time if you feel your personal or religious views have been compromised. You participate in YouGov/CoProducer at your own risk.
Q: How often will YouGov/CoProducer contact me?
A: The frequency of email invitations from YouGov/CoProducer will vary depending on the stage in the life-cycle of the project. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Q: What happens if I miss a 'core' survey?
A: This does not matter unless you miss more than 50% whereupon your shareholding will be cancelled.
Q: Will YouGov/CoProducer pass on my details to any other website or organisation?
A: YouGov/CoProducer will not sell or share private information, such as email addresses, with third parties, unless you agree to release this information, or it is required by law to release the information.
Q: What is CoProducer’s relationship with YouGov?
A: CoProducer was initially a private enterprise. YouGov plc has taken over the running of the CoProducer project. CoProducer is now a project of YouGov plc.
CoProducer is a YouGov plc project. Copyright © 2000-2014 YouGov plc. All rights reserved. YouGov plc is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 03607311